The Work Health and Safety Experts (‘WHSE’) have been engaged by a Western Australian-based operation to provide health, safety and environment management and advisor coverage for a multi-million-dollar construction project in the Perth CBD. The six-month project, starting in September 2020, has our health and safety consultants responsible for a range of duties. The duties include:
- Compliance with the current Occupational Health and Safety Act 1984 (WA), Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (1996) and any future WA implementation of the Work Health and Safety Act;
- Daily toolbox talks and focus topics;
- Delivering inductions and HSE training;
- Incident investigations to be performed to both ‘Five Why’s’ and ‘ICAM’ methods;
- Job Hazard Assessment (‘JHA’) guidance and hold-point sign-off;
- Key performance indicator reporting;
- Pre-shift breathalyser and random DAS testing;
- Providing training and advising on fatigue management and COVID-19 requirements;
- Reporting to the client’s senior management through monthly reporting;
- Reviewing and updating the key WHS/HSE documentation of the operation (risk registers, HSEQ manuals, permits, safe work methods and incident reporting processes);
- Site auditing to the client’s current HSE and QA campaign; and
- Verification of competency training and sign-off.
WHSE can provide labour hire services of health and safety consultants, environmental advisors, human resources personnel and emergency service officers. Please contact us directly for further information.