The Work Health and Safety Experts (‘WHSE’) have been engaged by a Western Australian-based operation to provide health, safety and environment advisor shutdown coverage during critical works. Duties during the shutdown include:
- Daily toolbox talks and focus topics;
- Delivering inductions and HSE training;
- Environmental dust and noise monitoring;
- Incident investigations to be performed to both ‘Five Why’s’ and ‘TapRoot’ methods;
- Job Hazard Assessment (‘JHA’) guidance and hold-point sign-off;
- Key performance indicator reporting;
- Pre-shift breathalyser and random DAS testing;
- Providing training and advising on fatigue management requirements;
- Reviewing and updating the key WHS/HSE documentation of the operation (risk registers, HSEQ manuals, safe work methods, auditing templates and incident reporting processes); and
- Site auditing to the client’s current HSE and QA campaign.
WHSE can provide labour hire services of health and safety professionals, environmental advisors, human resources personnel and emergency service officers.