The Work Health and Safety Experts (‘WHSE’) were recently engaged by a New South Wales-based operation to provide health, safety and environment advisor shutdown coverage during critical works. With 18 contractors and over 600 personnel on-site, the seven WHSE advisors performed:
- Daily toolbox talks and focus topics;
- Delivering inductions and HSE training;
- Desktop and job front auditing of sub-contractors and sole traders;
- Incident investigations performed to both ‘Five Why’s’ and ‘ICAM’ methods;
- Job Hazard Assessment (‘JHA’) guidance and sign-off;
- Key performance indicator reporting;
- Pre-shift breathalyser testing;
- Providing training and advising on fatigue management requirements;
- Reviewing and updating the key WHS/HSE documentation of the operation (risk register, safe work methods, auditing templates and incident reporting processes);
- Site auditing to the client’s major risks program; and
- Training to senior and supervisory management in best-practice working at height measures.
WHSE can provide labour hire services of health and safety professionals, environmental advisors, human resources personnel and emergency service officers.