The Work Health and Safety Experts (‘WHSE’) were engaged by a Singapore-based operation for proactive auditing to a range of regulatory and best-practice compliance measures. The recent changes to the Singapore Work Injury Compensation Act (‘WICA’) from the WICA Bill, passed on 3 September 2019, now places additional potential offences and enhanced penalties on business operators for breaches of return to work measures.
The audit incorporated compliance to the following:
- Industrial Rope Access Trade Association (‘IRATA’) compliance;
- ISO 14001:2015 ‘Environmental Management Systems’;
- ISO 45001:2018 ‘Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems’;
- ISO 9001:2015 ‘Quality Management Systems’;
- Workplace Safety and Health Act 2006 (Singapore);
- Workplace Safety and Health (Construction) Regulations 2007 (Singapore); and
- Work Injury Compensation Act 2019 (Singapore).
Further information on work health and safety consulting services can be found: https://www.whsexperts.com/about/